When it comes to my favorite things in the world, crafts and dogs are at the top of my list. There are so many creative project ideas out there that money just can’t buy and I’ve listed a few of my favorites below for the other DIY-obsessed dog ruvers out there. (Main image via Simmer Till Done.)
1. DIY Suitcase Dog Bed: Is your pup’s bed an eyesore in your home? Try making one from a vintage suitcase! Click here for the tutorial.
2. DIY Dog Bookends With a couple of plastic dog figurines, two blocks of wood, some spray paint, and a bit of superglue, you can make these stylish dog bookends! Image via House of Fifty
3. Dehydrated Sweet Potatoes: Want your pup to have a healthy, all-natural treat? These dehydrated sweet potatoes are just the thing you need! Click for the tutorial.
4. Chicken Broth Ice Cubes: Mix it up in the treat department and freeze some chicken or beef broth in ice cubes! Image via FunnyFur.
5. Chair Dog Dish Holders Does your pup make a mess during dinnertime? Solve that problem by getting the bowls off the ground! Image via Nest Full of Eggs.
6. DIY Denim Dog Toy: Want a sturdy and cheap toy that your dog will have a hard time destroying? Try this knotted denim toy! See the tutorial on Instructables.
7. Dog Hangers: Want to spice up the rack in your closet? Print off a photo of your pup and attach it to a flat hanger with Mod Podge or glue! Image via Incredible Things.
8. Car Seat Protector Love taking your pup for rides but hate the mess of hair that is left behind? Make this easy seat protector! See the tutorial here.
9. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pup Treats: Did you know pumpkin soothes your pup’s stomach? Make these special (and easy!) treats for your pup with a bellyache. Click here for the recipe.
10. DIY Dog Shampoo: There are many different kinds of dog shampoos to buy in the store, but did you know you can also make it? Check out the tutorial here.
11. Hidden Dog Bowls: Hate the way your pup’s dishes look on the floor? You can creatively stash them away in an old dresser drawer! See more here.
12. DIY Dog Treat Puzzle: Tips on how to make a puzzle toy out of a tennis ball! See how to make it here!
13. DIY Dog Sweater: Have an old sweater lying around? Turn it into something that’ll keep your pup warm! Clickhere for the tutorial.
14. DIY Dog Silhouette: Are the walls in your home a bit bare? Liven them up with a silhouette of your pup!Tutorial here.
15. Tiny Plush Pup: Make these tiny little pups yourself with this tutorial! Makes a great gift. Click here for the directions.
16. Pup Popsicle: Freeze your dog’s favorite toys into a bucket and watch them spend hours licking away to find them. (Good for hydration, too!) Image via ActiveDogToys.
17. Plastic Dog Necklace: Make a cute necklace with a chain and a little plastic dog! Inspired by a Modcloth necklace. Tutorial here.
18. T-Shirt Dog Toy: How to make a tug toy out of old t-shirts, on theBarkPost!
19. DIY Dog Pillow: Snuggle with the likeness of your pup when your pup won’t snuggle. Make a pillow replica with the tutorial here.