My dog is my everything. I’m not afraid to say it. I’m also not afraid to admit that I am an overprotective dog parent and that, my friends, will NOT change. Ever.
Here are 17 things I’m super guilty of doing. And I’m sure my compadres out there are too.
1. Your pup NEVER leaves your sight.
2. You’ve purposely become friends with a vet so you have pup medical advice ANY time you need it.
3. When you take your pup out for a walk, it takes you twenty minutes to get ready, ’cause you’ve got to get their coat, booties, leash, treats, toys etc. in order.
4. No one is allowed to give your fuzzbutt treats unless previously approved by you.
5. When other people pet your dog, you can’t help but eye them suspiciously.
6. You take your pup with you EVERYWHERE you go and are constantly checking in to make sure they’re OK.
7. And when you have to leave them home alone, you’ve got apps like Camio to keep a watchful eye on their antics.
8. Going on a vacation? No no no no no no no no no. Others may be excited by the thought of vacation, but it just makes you panic because YOU MAY HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR DOGE BEHIND.
9. If you must leave on a trip, the person who passes all your dog-sitter tests is the only one allowed near your dog. They also need to get your dog’s pawpproval.
10. You constantly ask for text/photo/video updates of your fuzzface when you are away.
11. You take more time studying the ingredients in your pet’s food than you do yours.
12. The smallest bump, bruise, limp, yelp, whine coming from your pup makes you worry like a maniac.
13. You’re totally ok with spending a gazillion dollars on your pet’s grooming needs…
14. …And toy needs…after all they need toys to keep their brains like, smart ‘n stuff.
15. You know every possible ailment that could afflict your dog and even have a custom dog first aid kit.
16. When it comes to socializing with other dogs, you’ve got that protective mama bear thing going.
17. And lastly, even though your dog has their own royal bed, you can’t sleep well unless you know that they’re right by you.