There are millions of animals in need of homes, which is why Swiffer® and Bark have teamed up to help make the barriers to adoption – like the clean-up – less of a challenge. Together, we are providing 10,000 Welcome Home Kits to participating shelters across the country to show how easy it is to get a thorough clean in minutes so more families can experience the love of a first pet. To find a participating shelter near you, click here! Are you already a new pet owner? Share your “Welcome Home” experience with Swiffer and @BarkBox using #ShedHappens.
If you were a lucky enough kid to grow up with a pup, then you know that they make the best furry siblings. They’re always there to eat unwanted broccoli, lap up spilled milk and keep all your super important kid secrets (including that one about what really happened to mom’s favorite Hummel figurine). Name one human sibling who ever did all that!
So whether your parents brought home a new pup, or there was already one waiting for you, here are a few reasons why your dog was the best sibling you could’ve had.
1. You could trust them with your secrets.
2. They never turned down the chance to play outside.
3. They cleaned up the food on your face, instead of making fun of you for it.
4. They never stole your clothes (besides a sock every now and then).
5. You never worried about making a mess since they cleaned it up as quickly as a Swiffer.
6. They always made room on the couch for you.
7. They helped you make new friends…
8. And let you play with theirs.
9. You never fought about who Mom’s favorite was…
10. Or what show you’d watch after school.
11. They were always there to support you…
12. And listen after a long day.
13. They were always up for a long walk…
14. Or afternoon nap.
15. They reminded you never to worry, without saying much.
16. You never fought about what to play, they were just happy to be a part of the game.
17. They were always watching out for you.
18. They always knew how to put a smile on your face.
19. You’ve covered up each other’s accidents…
20. And have been each other’s best friend since you can remember.
21. And in the end, you always knew you had the best sibling waiting for you at home.
Featured Image via @kayihan34tr