Let’s face it, Shibas are pretty amazing dogs. They’re super active, their coat needs little maintenance, and they have an entire meme dedicated to them. If you haven’t had the privilege of owning one, here are 15 pictures that perfectly sum up what it’s like to own a Shiba Inu.
1. You forget what it’s like to frown because Shiba’s have the most infectious smile.
2. You can’t get home fast enough because there is nothing better than being greeted by a Shiba.
3. You get used to the great outdoors because Shibas love to play in it.
4. You always have to keep a close eye on them because they are bound to wind up in weird situations.
5. You get used to dieting because you always have to share whatever you’re eating with them.
6. You always have a partner-in-crime to help with running errands.
7. You can probably qualify for the U.S. National Track and Field team from all of the running you do to keep up with them.
8. You don’t have to worry about any loud barking because Shiba’s are super chill about it.
9. However, if there is an intruder, watch out because they can bark like nobody’s business.
10. You know to keep plenty of chapstick on hand for dry lips from all of the kisses you give them.
11. You are constantly spoiling them, because… just look at that face!
12. You always have to remind Shibas that sharing is caring, because they’re not the “sharing” type.
13. You can make a fortune in the wig business with all of the hair you collect from grooming them.
14. They may occasionally destroy things… and then act like it wasn’t them.
15. You wouldn’t trade it for anything because they are pretty perfect dogs!