So you finally got the girl... or, sort of. You've got a playful, energetic, friendly, and brazenly loyal significant other, but she shares those admirable traits with someone else. You've got some intense, furry competition vying for the same human, pal, and it's time you figure out what that means. Don't worry, though. With dog people, there's plenty of love to go around.
1. She often shares her bed with someone else.
2. You’re used to explaining you’re JUST a dog parent to those surprised when she refers to the “baby” waiting at home.
3. You realized it’s not just her parents you need to impress; her dog needs to like you, too. (A girl would never date someone her dog didn’t approve of, sorry.)
4. You know all her spots. Back left, far right, wherever it is, every gal has a go-to spot where her pooch is guaranteed to take a whiz. Why, what did you think we meant?
5. Whenever you two are out, you know someone else is on her mind.
6. You become a pro at packing because when you have a dog, beach trips include a lot more than sunscreen and a towel.
7. You learn not to sweat the small stuff. Puppies are often chewing something they shouldn't be. It’s a fair trade off for the cute overload and you probably would've lost that sock anyway.
8. She often refers to her "special someone"--and it’s not always you.
9. You know wedding photos will never be just about the two of you.
10. You always have a third wheel for movie night.
11. You find yourself having a constant houseguest that never brings food, but is happy to eat yours.
12. Her recipes are conveniently dog friendly, leading you to question her baking.
13. You learn you don't have full cuddle custody.
14. Chloe, Murphy, Levi, and Snow--you know her dog's friends (and their Instagrams) by heart.
15. You’re not sure who she loves more, and you’re too afraid to ask because you're pretty sure you know the answer.
16. When she calls "Hey, baby," you never know if she’s talking to you or the dog.
17. You can name all of the dog-friendly spots in town (aka your frequent date spots).
18. You know first-hand that dog people are loyal, fun partners beyond compare! Especially because you're one now, too. And you'll never go back!