The life of a human can be frustrating, boring, and just plain ruff. We worry about managing our time, completing seemingly endless tasks, focusing on our responsibilities, and sticking to the status quo. We’re taught that hard work is the way to go, but we know deep down there are far better reasons to smile.
Dogs, on the other paw… they know what life is all about. It’s all sniffing butts and peeing where you want and getting filthy right after a bath. A little unorthodox, but fun. It seems to me we humans need to get our priorities straight, and these pups tell us how we can get there:
1. Walk just a little longer, goof off, and accept the fact that you’re gonna be late for work.
2. It’s not necessarily the end of the world if you end up with a little bedhead today. Those 5 extra minutes are so worth it…
3. … Or, just don’t get up at all. You deserve it.
4. It’s cool if you wanna eat one more cookie, one more cupcake, one more pint of Ben & Jerry’s…
4. So you’re not the best artist, so what? They’ll love anything you make for them.
5. You’ll never know what’s out there until you get down on all fours and see for yourself.
6. Sing as LOUD as you can, so the world can hear! Who cares how you sound when you’re having fun?
7. Don’t ever worry about getting a little wet (or dirty, or smelly) when it would otherwise be a great time.
8. Laugh at your friends’ jokes even if other people don’t think they’re funny. It’s the best medicine, and who gives a pup if everyone gives you weird looks?
9. Put down the textbooks, close out of your work emails, and pick up a book. Let your mind rest for a moment while your pet your dog.
10. Dress how you want, even if it’s just a trip to the pet store. (The pawtriotic red, white, and blue look is SO in.)
11. We all have flaws. Don’t worry about bad hair days, sudden breakouts, or less-than-perfect makeup. Dogs don’t care, and neither should you.
12. Whatever happens, guess who’s there no matter what kind of day you’re having or how you look? I know you know the answer.