Hi! I’m Katie, one of the social media managers here at BarkBox, but I prefer the title *Professional* Meme Maker. I spend a lot of time creeping on dogs Instagram accounts in search of the perfect images & videos to caption. And then I spend way too much time overanalyzing those captions. It’s an odd job, but someone’s gotta do it.
I’d like to say every meme crushes it. But then I would be lying. So after a deep Instagram dive, I’ve plucked out some of the “Greatest Hits”, if you will, from this year that our IG followers have dubbed “Relatable AF” (that’s meme language for highly relatable)
(The following memes are not at all based on my real life) << Also something that I'd say if I were lying. 1. This is actually how I feel every time I see another engagement on my Facebook newsfeed. At least the comments reassured me I'm not the only one…
2. THERE IS ONE OF THEM ON EVERY PLANE. IT MAKES ME SO FRUSTRATED I CAN ONLY TALK ABOUT IT USING ALL CAPS.
3. That awkward moment when one second you’re listening to Beyonce & the next you’re desperately seeking a dog’s approval…
4. The ONE time you don’t bring an extra bag.
5. It’s all fun and games until you let a fart slip and then it’s awkward for everyone. Not that this has ever happened to me hahahaha ok moving on.
6. This one is cheesy as hell, but it’s true. There is nothing better than seeing a wiggly butt waiting for you when you come home. (Unless that wiggly butt is not your dog’s, in which case, call the police?)
7. Not sure about you guys but few things make me more anxious than watching someone compose a text message. I mean obviously you don’t have to watch but who has that level of willpower am I right?
8. “I work out to help dogs get adopted”-An actual quote from my friend Travis who is holding this adoptable pupper in this video. Gotta say, I respect his abs and self-awareness.
9. This is one of the lovely thoughts that can pop up when you do the old “let’s compare myself to everyone on my Facebook newsfeed” thing after a long day of work.The best way to respond to this inner thought: #LogOut
10. Ok, I’m gonna be honest with you and just say that I hope to never get to a level of maturity level where I don’t think wiener jokes are funny. WHO’S WITH ME?
11. Ah, yes. I actually remember making this meme the day after New Years last year. Turns out this idea was a much better meme caption than an actual attainable goal. Maybe this year? Yeah, probably not.
12. We all know this couple that thrives from drama. As someone who avoids confrontation like the plague, I have never understood this. But I’m still single so who am I to judge really…
Happy New Year to all of you wonderful dog people. And if you have a dog that has that’s got that special meme face, don’t keep those pictures to yourself 🙂