Hey, how ya doin, Barkfolk!
I’m a proud New Yorker, having lived and worked here for well over a decade. Much as I love the place, I do have some blind spots– like I can’t always tell when a trend is nationwide or strictly local. For instance: people wearing yoga pants as everyday pants. Is this a New York thing or are we all doing this? (And thank you but I don’t need any photo evidence).
Also: I miss a nice yard and seeing a classic BEWARE OF DOG sign. Especially when our dogs don’t really agree to the whole “BEWARE” part…
"Beware of Dog" signs and the dogs that are, uh, more adorable than beware-able
1. “Say neighbor, who’s this Dog everyone’s s’posed to be so Bewared of?”
2. “You got a bone to pick with me, buster? Because I’ll gladly share it.”
3. “I’m like, seriously the meanest you guys. Anyway, hey how’s it goin??”
4. “PS: I’m the bell.”
5. "Heeeeeeere’s Johnny! It’s ME! I’m here! Hi! Hello!”
6. BEWARE of DOG saying HIIIIIIIII!!!!!
7. “Don’t make me smile at you again!”
8. “Hi Mister I bwought this sign for you just so you know not to mess wiff me, okay?”
9. “Hey neighbor, you catch that football game the other day? Ho-lee-cow! Ha, anyway, beware of me, ok?”
10. “No fences can hold me! I am too smol.”
11. “If you don’t come in here and give me a belly rub, there’s gonna be trouble.”
12. “Nobody’s getting in this kitchen until I’ve gotten my cut of the ham.”
13. BEWARE of DOG but honestly if you spot the dog, you’ve earned a cookie.
14. “Watch out! I’m uh, I am, eh you know. Woof etcetera. Carry on.”
15. You’re looking at a couple stone-cold killers here, people. Don’t. Mess. Around
16. Check out the backstroke! Are we sure that’s grass and not like a very green ocean?
17. He’ll shoot sadness-rays right into your soul if you don't...
18. Okay I’m not gonna touch this one. Step away… from… the fence…
What can ya say! We all love to put up our big mean BEWARE OF DOG signs. But behind the fence, we’ve all got a soft and cuddly little monster who just can’t help being sweet. And I don’t think that’s just a New York thing.
If you’ve got a perfect picture of your adorable, beware-able pup, send it our way! We promise, no matter how cute the dog, we won’t go hopping any fences looking for ‘em.