It’s hard not to wish you were living the dog life sometimes. Especially when you count all the great things they’re entitled to that we can only dream of.
Here are 16 birthrights that belong only to dogs, and sometimes babies. Except number eight. Babies don’t get that.
1. At the slightest indication of thirst, someone will fetch them water ASAP.
2. They can sleep at any point in the day, no matter what they’re doing.
3. They have no idea what a traffic jam is.
4. If they don’t like the food they’re given, they don’t have to eat it.
5. They don’t have to pretend to be interested in people’s gossip.
6. Pretty much anything they do is impressive.
7. They don’t have to shower every… single… day.
9. People work tirelessly to make them feel happy and comfortable.
10. Their only job is to let people know they feel happy and comfortable.
11. Sometimes Tom Hardy is their primary caregiver.
12. Other times it’s Ryan Gosling.
13. They are, on average, more Instagram famous than most humans.
14. They have no financial responsibilities.
15. Their judgment is superior to ours.
16. They are the center of attention. Always.