It’s no mystery that our dogs help us understand what happiness is, and what it means to live in the moment. They never try to hide these things, and we don’t always take their advice as literally as we should. Dogs have a certain kind of wisdom–a kind that I believe they don’t need to learn, they’re just born with it.
Take note of these 15 tips our very best friends have been trying to show us all along.
1) Start every day with a toothy smile.
2) Face your fears, no matter how scary the situation.
3) Be active–get up, go out, and get your heart beating!
4) Nurture friendships, and don’t let the ones you love slip through the cracks.
5) Try new things, even if you know you’ll get a little dirty.
6) Appreciate the small stuff. Sometimes, they’re the most important.
7) Be open with your feelings. Bottled emotions won’t do anyone any good.
8) Follow your dreams, especially the big ones!
9) Be curious–there’s always new information to be found, and new friends to make!
10) See everyone for the person–or animal–they are on the inside.
11) Be carefree, if only for a moment. It’s the best feeling in the world.
12) Live every day to the fullest… calories, shmalories.
13) Give with an open heart, there are people who really crave your love and attention.
14) Dream BIG. Nothing is unrealistic.
15) Love yourself before you love anyone else. After all, you’re the most important person you know.