When Michelle and Andy Robinson brought their pregnant dog Tessa to get an ultrasound, the technician saw seven puppies on the scan. But judging by the size of the Basset Hound (harsh), the vet estimated she could have litter of up to ten! So later, when Tessa had an emergency caesarean in the middle of the night, the British couple (and Tessa) were blown away when Tessa gave birth to not seven, not ten, but 14 little Basset Hound pups! Seven boys and seven girls.
The average Basset Hound litter is eight puppies, and with so many mouths to feed, and only so many nipples, Tessa has been getting help feeding her new poop troupe from her human family.
Like any new mom, Tessa must have a lot on her mind, but since she wasn’t available for comment, after delivering 14 puppies, I think Tessa is probably thinking the following 14 things:
1. You’re all going to in-state obedience schools.
2. Guess I’ll sleep when I die.
3. Good thing you all have the same birthday.
4. He told me he was neutered!
5. What do I look like? A Pez dispenser?
6. Time to move into a shoe…
7. To think I thought their father and I were actually just going to “watch Netflix and chill.”
8. I always wanted to be a mom …not a clown car
9. How long are the terrible twos in dog years?
10. I thought he was wearing a condom – turns out it was a bully stick wrapper.
11. Just so we’re all clear, Christmas is about JESUS, not presents.
12. If you told me when I was a puppy that ten nipples wouldn’t be enough nipples, I would have pooped on your rug and called you a liar.
13. Do they make a 14 cup breast pump?
14. If anyone is missing anything, don’t worry — it’s just fallen into MY VAGINA.
As for what I think the lucky daddy is thinking?…
Congrats to Tessa and her pawdorable puppy platoon!