As anyone who has ever stumbled home after a night out on the town and been met with ALL THE JUDGMENT of your four-legged friend, dog’s can be pretty good dads. Below, 15 of the best examples (including times they were “good” parents to their own pups) of dogs being dads the way only dogs can.
1. When you oversleep and they make sure you wake up anyways.
2. Lesson number one mein hundt- DO NOT WAKE A SLEEPING FATHER.
3. Playtime is all the time, unless Dad is sleeping (see above).
4. They’re always down to help out with the little ones.
5. Until a Poodle walks by.
6. They teach life lessons such as sharing…
7. And passively watch as you do something ridiculous. (How else are you going to learn?)
8. Dog dad’s are really all business all the time.
9. Bath time? Dog dad has it covered….sort of. He hasn’t exactly figured it all out either.
10. Expecting? They’re always down to grab the pup equivalent of peanut butter and pickles.
11. They always have your back, especially if it’s against the cat.
12. Need HALP stealing a firetruck? They got ‘chu.
13. They’ll make sure you eat all your food (while secretly taking bets on who will finish first; $10 on the far right!)
14. Basically this:
15. They may be ridiculous, and embarrassing, but dads are dads and we wouldn’t have them any other way.
Featured image via @pookdook