This post is sponsored by the humans at STAINMASTER® PetProtect®, the official carpet sponsor of the ASPCA®. STAINMASTER® PetProtect® is the first carpet & cushion system designed for pets and their parents, so they’ve got all the wagging rights!
I grew up in an apartment with wood floors and sticky vinyl tiles, so when I bought my first home and it came with brand new carpet, I found myself Googling things like, “How to get red wine stains off carpet” and “Carpet cleaner reviews.” I could have called my mother but I was, like, a homeowner and stuff so I had to act like an adult. Duh.
Even if I had been born with the talent to keep delicious wine liquid safely in a container, having two rambunctious dogs around gave me lots of opportunities to get up close and pawsonal with my carpet. I could never get my dogs’ hair completely out of the carpet, and boy, did I hate rainy days. Both Lady and Biggie loved rolling around in mud, then tracking it into the house like animals. Oh, wait.
We asked our ruvable BarkPost readers to share with us the struggles they’ve encountered having carpet that isn’t made to withstand doggie messes, and their responses were hilarious. It’s almost like dogs want you to replace that old, dingy carpet.
Here are 9 dogs who decided their owners needed to make better life decisions a new carpet, STAT.
1. “DAD! IT’S EXACTLY NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.”
2. “Um, what exactly do you mean my hair sticks to the carpet like glue?”
3. Not a single ounce of regret on that face.
4. Ranger’s mom writes, “Ranger didn’t like the carpet. So he broke out of his kennel, found a spray can on the counter and bit a hole in it and watched it paint the living room. He says ‘What? I thought creativity was a good thing!'”
5. “IT’S A HUSKY THING, HUMAN. YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND.”
6. “Oh hey, don’t mind me. I’m just gonna stomp around with my dirty paws.”
7. “Dude, there’s like a whole other me in there!”
8. “You don’t expect me to help you clean that, do you? Because it’s not even worth trying at this point.”
9. “Human, we’ve got a problem.”
Do you have a pup who makes keeping your carpet clean a nightmare? Click here to share your messes with us!
Visit STAINMASTER® to find out about STAINMASTER® PetProtect®, the carpet & cushion system that resists pet stains, reduces pet odor when cleaned, and easily releases pet hair. STAINMASTER® PetProtect® is also the official carpet sponsor of the ASPCA! 😀 Help shelter pets around the country and take the ASPCA®’s pledge to make adoption your first option.