While Instagram might say one thing, we know the truth: Vacation, when often with your significant other, can be tough.
What starts off as a fun trip to The Hamptons quickly becomes a lesson in perseverance as personalities clash, tension arises, and one of you keeps walking faster than the other. Before you know it, you’re one of those couples — bickering in public and desperately waiting for this vacation to be over.
Well, we totally get you, and you’re not alone. In fact, here are 14 dog couples also failing on vacation, you know, to make you feel better about yourselves.
1. The accidental and awkward side-cheek kissing couple.
2. Or alternatively, and perhaps more awkwardly, the purposeful side-cheek kissing couple, as one of them is typically just not having it.
3. The couple that does not wait for each other and never communicates about it.
4. The couple that tries too hard to be ‘fun’ and overdresses for casual evenings.
5. The couple that never learns and inevitably tries to do it again while out on the town in Martha’s Vineyard on July 4th weekend.
6. The couple who briefly separates and suddenly one of them has a dangerous, wandering eye for other dogs…
7. The couple who can only fake a smile for so long.
8. The couple who has different ideas for how road trips should be — and so one happily chats the entire time, deeply unaware of the partner’s bitter, pensive nature.
9. Or the exact opposite couple – where confrontation is enforced whether he/she likes it or not.
10. The couple that makes their friend show them around and hang out with them but really the friend hates third wheeling and wants to leave.
11. The couple that shows off their romantic engagement all over social media, but later takes it down because they realized they rushed into things.
12. The couple that stays in the honeymoon suite to celebrate their wedding anniversary but it doesn’t quite live up to the hype – like it once used to.
13. The couple that wastes no time and passes out uncomfortably on one another, constantly fighting in their sleep for the warmth of the one available blanket.
14. The couple that runs to their return flight, ready to go back to their busy, individualized lives that they sought to escape from, when really, they actually missed and thrived on it.
So there you have it. Dog couples: They’re are just like us! Sometimes, they too can’t wait for vacation to be over.
Featured image via @thedogstyler/Instagram