Dads and dogs. Somehow, we continue to love ‘em, no matter how much they embarrass us or how loudly they snore. When you think about it, they’re basically just reflections of the other. Don’t believe us? Look a little harder.
1. Got a new boyfriend? Good luck. He’d better have a solid job, a 401K and a never-ending supply of treats.
2. Dad bod. It’s a real thing, and your pup’s got it, too. No judgment here.
3. What’s that smell? Dad’s socks or dog farts? Nevermind. Forget we asked.
4. Are you going to finish that? Because if you won’t, they totally will.
5. Okay, guys. How many naps is too many naps?
6. And while we’re on the subject of napping, how is it possible to snore that loud?
7. Ever wonder why you’re so grumpy in the morning? Yep. It’s hereditary and furr-editary.
8. Oh, you wanted to watch The Voice tonight in the living room? That’s fine, but the recliner is taken.
9. Dads and dogs are way better at sports than you are. And they won’t let you forget it.
10. Never tell them you’re bored. There’s always yard work to do…
11. They always seem to know what the neighbors are up to, and it’s kind of weird.
12. They know what leafy greens are, but hardly ever touch them. Meat and potatoes for life.
13. They both maintain security in the house (or at least like to think they do).
14. They love a good shave.
15. Oh, we’re having a late dinner? Great. Guess who’s hangry…
17. And, of course, they’re famous for their stupid jokes that we can’t even pretend to laugh at.
Featured image via @dhump217