I truly can’t explain what it is about dogs eating corn that makes me so happy. I think part of it is because corn is one of the most difficult foods to eat.
You should never have to hear the sentence “Maybe it would be easier to eat if a drill was involved” while trying to consume a meal.
Not only is it hard to eat, but it is physically impossible to look attractive while eating corn. I don’t care who you are, what you look like, or what you’re wearing, there is no way to eat corn on the cob without compromising your cool factor. If Alec Baldwin can’t do it. No one can.
But, as usual, dogs come along and MAKE IT ADORABLE.
Note: Some dogs are allergic to corn, so make sure you know they can eat it before you get your corn on. And never feed your dog the cob itself.
Anyway, about dogs eating corn:
1. To get started, here’s a little how-to guide for pups. The difference is subtle, but important.
2. “I feel like I just got started on this thing. Time really flies when you’re chompin corn.”
3. This dog is running for president of the maze. His campaign slogan: #YESWECORN.
4. This corn is going out the same way it’s going in. On the grass. Why? What did you think I meant?
5. “Hooman stop talking about the corn and just give me the corn. I WANT THE CORN.”
6. When your human doesn’t save a cob for you and you’re like, “How could you do this to me. I thought we were cool.”
7. This is definitely not his first rodeo. And by rodeo, I mean corn on the cob. (There’s a sentence I never thought I’d say.)
8. “Human, how many times have I told you I do not like to be photographed when I’m eating my corn!”
9. Someone get this human some skewers, STAT.
10. “ERMAGERD CORN!!”
“GUYS GET OVER HERE THERE’S CORN!”
11. Some dogs were a little more skeptical at first. Like “What is this yellow wand?” and “Can I eat it because if so I am interested.”
12. This pug went through three phases of a corn-induced emotional roller coaster.
13. Meet the Michael Jordan of speed-eating corn. (That should totally be a sport.)
14. “It’s not a WHOLE cob, but it’s not a baby corn. What IS this?”
15. I’m not a corn cop, but something about the look on this pup’s face tells me this particular cob was NOT for him. Just a theory.
“But wait, we really wanted to see a VIDEO of a dog eating corn to a song about corn!” –You guys (I imagine)
Well, well, well, aren’t you in luck. @neptunethedoodle has you covered. You’re welcome.
Featured image via LifeWithDogs