After observing our pups for hours on end, it has become our thesis that most of the world’s grumpiest problems can be solved with a simple belly scratch. Now, we haven’t been able to reach Kim Jong Il to give him a belly scratch to see if he turns from grumpygills to puppypuddin’, but our theory is sound, right? Below are some pups who really need some belly scratches.
If you’d like to share our philosophy with the rest of the world, check out the “Everyone Needs a Belly Scratch” t-shirts that we created! Below office pup Scout models how to properly request a belly scratch while wearing the shirt.
23. “I said ‘Give me a belly SCRATCH,’ not ‘Give me a chilly BATH.'”
22. Back in my day, elderBoxers got belly rubs on the hour, every hour.
21. They lost.
20. “I’ll stop lookin’ at you like this when you scratch the old tum.”
19. “Who da pug do you think you’re messin’ with!?”
18. Madison. For Dog’s sake, look more pathetic. You don’t get belly rubs if you smile all the time.
17. “UM– I think you forgot to scratch a belly! “
16. “My tail’s froze. And my nose is froze. And my ears are froze. And my toes are froze.”
15. “He told us to stay like two minutes ago and acts like it’s such a big deal. Ugh, yawn. Make yourself useful and rub our bellies.”
14. “And I was like stop trying to make fetch happen! IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!”
13. “Scratch my belly and no one gets hurt.”
12. Damn cat stole my kibble again.
11. “I see you in that cafe eating a croissant… So many crumbs on the floor and I can’t eat them.”
10. “So explain to me one more time why the cat gets to poop in the house.”
9. “Someone took all the treats from the litter box.”
8. “I planned to sleep all day. Instead we went to the park twice.”
7. “I keep chasing my tail… But I can’t catch it.”
6. My ball is under the sofa, mamz.
5. “I’s bored and lonely and my belly’s real sawft – pweese pway with me? Pweese?”
4. “”Scoozi? You haven’t scratched my belly in 45 seconds.
3. “Um, herro? I’m still out here and… it’s getting kinda chilly mam.”
2. “I was only trying to hold her paw.”
1. “I know I’ve been in this giant bowl before, but I cant quite putz my my paw on it…”
If you know a two-legged or four-legged individual in need of a belly scratch, help ’em get the word out! ; )