Being a tall pup parent can have its challenges and its perks. There are the everyday challenges of being tall, like always standing at the back so you’re not obstructing anyone’s view, but here are a few things that only tall pup parents know all too well.
1. Crouching down to pick up or pet your pup can cause backaches.
2. You’re constantly outpacing your pup, whose legs are not as long as yours.
3. Keeping an eye out for your pup to avoid accidentally stepping on paws.
4. Getting a large dog is always the more practical option.
5. Teaching your pup to jump into your arms so you don’t have bend down to pick them up. If you’re not quite there yet, here’s a video to get you started:
6. Photos of you and your dog usually consist of you holding up your pup…
7. …or crouching down to them…
8. …or just your legs and them…
9. …or awkwardly trying to fit into the same frame.
10. Or taking the photo from afar.
11. Small pups tend to make you look like a giant.