There are dogs. And then there are Dalmatians. Here are 17 things only Dalmatian pup parents truly understand.
1. The spots. Ohhhhh the spots.
They’re like freckles.
But better and no one ever makes fun of them.
Plus you can totally trace constellations. Look, the big dipper!
And a sideways Orion’s Belt! (Ok, those are like, the only 2 constellations I know. Moving on).
2. There’s So. Much. Energy. In them.
3. Said energy often translates into bounciness. Like, sometimes it seems like they’re soccer balls in a dog suit.
4. You actually end up wearing as much of their coat as they do because they shed every single day of the year. (They also like to drape themselves all over you, so that doesn’t help).
5. You get a lot of 101 Dalmatians jokes.
6. And Cruella DeVille jokes.
7. And firemen jokes.
8. And Budweiser. Don’t forget Budweiser.
9. You actually have to monitor their pee pretty regularly in case they get urinary stones (and then it’s a trip to the vet).
10. They looooooove people.
11. And adore giving kisses.
12. They’re smart enough to make up their own minds…
13. …which sometimes doesn’t always make sense to humans.
14. They make GREAT sports partners since they have more endurance than a marathon runner and are more playful than an 8-year-old on a sugar high in Chuck E. Cheese’s.
15. People are constantly asking you “Is it Dalmatian or Dalmation?” instead of just Googling it like adults with hands and phones. (It’s the former, FYI).
16. They have better smiles than George Clooney.
17. Once you fall in love with a Dalmatian, you know you’ve found a true spotted soulmate for life.