2. Jockey and Horse: If you have a little kid and a big dog, this costume combo is sure to get a ton of smiles. Head over here for the complete DIY.
3. Andy Warhol, Marilyn Monroe and a can of Campbell’s soup: If you lean towards the artsy side, this costume idea is perfect for you! Forget Marilyn, Warhol and Campbell’s for life! All you need is a blonde/white wig and a black turtleneck. The Campbell’s soup can be fashioned out of cardboard.
4. Hot Dog Vendor and Hot Dog: While you may have to spend a little time on crafting the cardboard hot dog holder the rest is pretty easy! Get the hot dog costume here.
5. Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Sushi: Dousing your sushi with soy sauce is like showering your pooch with love. So why not make that official by going as that combo? You can get the DIY here.
6. Bee keeper and bee: In the mood to keep it a tad simple? Here’s a great DIY for it.
7. Soap and Loofah: Let the goofy, fun nature of your bond shine through in this hilarious combo. DIY here.
8. Mario and Luigi: You and your pooch are so close, you may as well go as brothers for Halloween. DIY here.
9. Sherlock and Watson: While you may not be able to go as heart-melting Benedict Cumberbatch’s sidekick, your pup is a pretty close second. Here’s the detailed DIY.
10. Chef and Spaghetti + Meatballs: Mmmm foood! Always hungry? This is the ultimate costume for you. Get the deets for his combo here.
11. A Maid and a Mop: Make use of your dog’s furry coat, because with some cut up felt fabric, you can make your dog into your trusty mop!
13. Shark Attack: For the seriously lazy, this idea is gold. Take some of your old ripped up clothes and pour red food coloring strategically and you’re all set! For the pooch, here’s the DIY.
14. Ice cream Sundae and a Spoon: It’s so easy! Stick the biggest spatula you can find on you and get your dog this ice cream costume!
15. The Cat and Thing 1 + Thing 2: Ideal for a two dog household, this costume is genius! After all, these dogelets are your most loved things. The entire tutorial can be found here.
16. Shaggy and Scooby: If you and you pup share a love of snacks, then you should consider going as this crime-fighting, ghost-busting, treat-gobbling duo. DIY instructions here. Just make sure you cut a tail hole in Shaggy’s trousers.
18. Bacon and Eggs: Sunny side up with a side of beggin’! Watch this video to make sure you’re not overdone.
19. Clark Kent and Superman: “Don’t mind me. I’m a mild-mannered reporter. HE’S the hero.” Wink. Checkout this DIY video for a good costume’s alter ego.
20. Ahab and The Whale: “Avast ye matie, there she barks!” Turn your pup into the elusive white whale by following these instructions. Just make sure you use white fabric.
21. Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf: Dogs are descendants of wolves, so that one takes care of itself. For the Little Red Riding Hood costume how-to tutorial, hop on here.