Welcome to BarkBites! Each week we’ll show you how to whip up a quick, easy, and delicious treat for your pooch. What are you waiting for?! Let’s get cookin’!
This week we’re making Banana & Carob “Brownie” Bites, a guilt-free dessert treat you and your dog will both enjoy! When you choose a natural sweetener like honey over processed sugar and swap out chocolate for its much healthier cousin carob, you’re left with a sweet, satisfying brownie bite you can feel good about sharing with your dog.
– 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
– 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
– 1/2 Cup Carob Powder
– 3 Tablespoons Honey
– 2 Cups Oat Flour
– 1 Banana
– 2 Eggs
– Peel and mash your banana with a fork until mostly smooth.
– Add in your coconut oil, honey, oat flour, and eggs and stir to combine.
– Mix in your baking powder, cinnamon, and carob powder. Fold with a wooden spoon until a thick dough forms.
– Coat your hands with a touch of coconut oil and roll out balls of dough. Feel free to make them larger or smaller depending on the size of your dog. Place each on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
– Bake the “Brownies” at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
– Allow to cool fully before giving to your dog but feel free to enjoy them yourself while they are still a little warm.
Hooman Serving Suggestion: While our pooches preferred these treats straight up, we found them delicious served with a few strawberry slices and some vanilla ice cream!