Santa isn’t the only one who gets all the cookies this year! Don’t forget about your dogs! I know Chuy Chihuahua was a good boy almost all year and deserves some “irresistible” treats for the holidays! This dog treat recipe is really easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time or money.
Chuy gets really impatient with me, so let’s hurry up and get this recipe started!
INGREDIENTS & MATERIALS
~2 cups flour (whole wheat or non-bleached is best)
~1 tbsp baking powder
~1 cup peanut butter
~1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
~Water as needed
You will also need some mini Christmas Cookie Cutters of your choice like these:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all of the ingredients above until it forms a soft dough. You can add a small amount of water if the dough is dry.
Beware of impatient dogs! Geesh!
3. Roll out the dough on some parchment paper and cut out using holiday cookie cutters.
I used mini cookie cutters from Wilton that are perfect for small doggies like Chuy Chihuahua!
4. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 – 18 minutes.
It’s optional for your dog to stand in front of the oven to guard the cookies while they bake. Chuy takes this job very seriously.
5. Cool and serve! You can store these for later in an airtight plastic container.
Once baked and cooled, your Irresistible Christmas Cookie Dog Treats should look something like this:
It’s well known that Chuy tends to be a bit of a treat snob. Yes, the rumors are true! I have to say that he LOVED these treats! I almost lost a finger. True story.