Technically referred to as “Elizabethan collars,” around BarkPost we just call them what they really are… CONES OF SHAME!!!
Now we know the cone itself brings no shame to the dog. Only the dog can do that! But the term “cone of shame” seriously captures the embarrassment most dogs seem to be feeling when the cone is worn. And phodographer Ty Foster knew exactly how to showcase these staples of doghood with his epic collection, Time Out.
Ty hopes that his photographs will reveal “how dogs truly feel about the plastic prison that is the cone.” We think he nailed it.
1. Right now, she’s been wearing the cone about… 3 seconds.
2. “I’m ready to wear the hat you got me for my birthday.” #YouRemember #TheOneIAte
3. “I don’t see what everyone’s complaining about…”
4. “Everything’s louder now.” #TurnItDownPlease
5. “WHY?! I’m a dog, not some animal!”
6. “I said, ‘Anything you do to him, you do to me!'” #ThatsAboutTheTimeTheyPutTheConeOnMe
7. “Mom! My drool guard’s not working…”
8. “You know how difficult this will be for me.”
9. “Feeling very vulnerable all of a sudden…” #CantWatchMyBack
10. When you watch your friend try and scratch his face with his tongue. #TheSourceOfTheShame
11. “WHY ISN’T DIS WORKING?!?!?!?!?”
12. “Doggone tired of this motherpuppin’ cone.”
13. CAT: “I only ate it cuz I know hard it would be for you. And since you hate wasting food…” #CatLogic