There’s a reason that you see oodles of Doodles everywhere these days. They are all unique in their own doodly way, but if they share one quality, it’s that they are all basically dogs trapped in the body of a teddy bear. So without further adoodle, here are some things that only Doodle parents know to be true.
1. They’ve perfected the head tilt and let you know when they’re listening intently.
2. They belong in Sock Snatchers (or shoes, gloves, bras, undies!) Anonymous.
3. You know that the struggle to stop at one Doodle is very, very real!
4. Cheese? Hot dogs? Pizza? Chicken wings? Whatever it is, if it’s near the edge of the counter, it’s theirs. Doodles are professional counter surfers.
5. It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Superdoodle! They somehow defy gravity when running!
6. They’re basically fluffy people. They can reason with you (very well, we might add!) with their eyes.
7. Balls! Rubber balls. Tennis balls. Any balls. Instant love affair.
8. They sure do love to play, but they also have a quiet side. They can actually get a little lazy…
9. Doodles are a part of the family… perhaps even the CENTER of the family! They just love to steal the spotlight!
10. Their expressive eyes are almost humanlike, and boy do they know how to work it! When Doodles give you the side-eye, you know they mean business!
11. When dropping your Doodle off at the groomer, the phrase “Don’t Poodle my Doodle” has come out of your mouth.
12. They are extremely intuitive (maybe a little too much), which makes them excellent therapy dogs!
13. When people pass you on the street, you expect comments and questions. You might as well have your pup wear a sign that says, “Yes, I am a Doodle.”
14. Zoomies… those moments when your Doodle gets briefly possessed, acts insane, and quickly dashes around the room for no apparent (but very important) reason.
15. Who knew?! Doodles are hound dogs at heart! They can sniff out toilet paper, tissues, and napkins 100 yards away!
16. You’ve caught your pup in “the doodle pose”… sleeping on his back, paws in the air, neck bent to one side.
17. You may never go to the bathroom alone again. Labradoodles will never, ever leave your side… EVER!… and you would never want them to.
For more, check out these articles!