Your building doesn’t allow pets. Your apartment is basically a closet. You work crazy hours. Your roommates are allergic. Many things might prevent you from bringing home your own pup. But, your wonderful dog-loving nature doesn’t have to go to waste! Follow these simple steps to share the love with all your furry friends:
You’ll get some doggy kisses and they’ll get some much-needed snuggles and exercise.
2. Start your own dog walking or pet sitting company with help from Scout.
3. Visit your local dog park.
(If anyone asks, yours is the one hiding behind the tree.)
5. Read dog literature.
6. Channel your dog love into art.
Draw your favorite pups, photograph them or mold them out of wax. You can also check out events like Drink ‘n’ Draw, which gives you the opportunity to hang with dog owners and their dogs and draw… well, what else… dogs!
7. Take a cue from this pup and offer free belly rubs to dogs you meet while you’re out and about.
8. Offer to dog-sit for friends and family.
9. Always carry dog biscuits in your pockets.
You never know when you’ll meet a new friend to win over.
10. Get in touch with your inner canine and howl at the moon!