Rupert the Whippet is one doggone ham for the camera. His human, Janet Burton, fell in love with the pup at just 4 weeks old, and at 10 months she began snapping pics of him for everyone to enjoy.
From a young age Rupert had a fascination with climbing up to lean on his front paws, and now all Burton has to do is say "Hop!" and Rupert poses like a seasoned pro. "The magic comes from his expressions," Burton says. That, and the fact Rupert seems to get her out of doing all the housework.
1. "I'm gonna have to do a double stitch on this, Sweetie, you really should go easy on those human biscuits."
2. Hold up a sec. Just hold up. You mean to tell me the dogs don't get wands in this thing?"
3. Gosh dernit, I told that woman we need someone to check the water heater... crazy wife... need my bath... no hot water..."
4. "They said, 'Get a riding mower, Tom, it'll be quicker, Tom,' but I can't bring myself to tell them my feet don't reach the pedals."
5. "Wax on, wax off. That's what my Dad always says... I mean... wait a minute."
6. "I told her you have to steam the edges to get a good crease. No one in this house listens to me."
7. "I'm telling you right now, folks, we're gonna have some turbulence. You may also hear me say 'We're going down,' but don't panic. I'm a dog."
8. "I've just spent hours crunching the numbers and determined we can't afford to keep the cat. We do, however, have wiggle room for extra tennis balls."
9. "George always likes it when I hang his clothes to dry. Says his trousers smell of spring, but all I smell is the neighbor's barbecue on my knickers."
10. "The neighbor dog peed on my tree therefore my tree must be destroyed."
11. The game of tennis is a fine art: one must first catch the ball, then one must bring it back. Very technical."
12. "Tour de France? Try Tour de please put a pillow on my seat 'cause this thing cramps my bum."
13. "Margaret, pass that dish there, please. I need more bacon on my bacon."
14. "Wear a hard hat, they said. It'll be safer, they said. They forgot to mention you also need thumbs to use a saw."
15. "Oh, deary me, it's nippy out here. Donald traded me 'licking the dishes clean' for 'playing in the snow,' but I think I've been duped."
16. "Francis, I'm sorry to say your diagnosis concludes you can no longer eat bully sticks. I'll need to confiscate them all."
17. "Ma'am, do you know why I pulled you over? It's because you're a dog in the front seat of a car."
18. "A clean home is a happy home, Mom says. So I just poop in the yard now. (As far as she knows)."