Do you and your dog try to do as many things together as you possibly can? Eat your meals, watch Netflix, take naps, go on vacation…? If so, you may be coming down with a severe case of puppy love, or what I like to call “attached-at-the-hip” disorder. There’s no cure, but don’t worry. That’s just the way we like it.
Perhaps you can do a little self-diagnosis with these 24 signs:
1. Your dog is the only one you’d ever leave the house before your morning coffee for.
2. If your dog isn’t invited to the party, you seriously reconsider attending. “They did say plus one…”
3. You like all the same shows (well at least they never complain about watching them).
4. You’ve seen each other naked on more than one occasion.
5. Your favorite weekend activities include hiking, running, walking, skateboarding – basically any activity your dog can accompany you on.
6. You’d rather meet for a coffee at the dog park vs. a coffee shop any day.
7. You both have a mutual hatred for that feisty kitten next door.
8. You can sit in silence for hours without it ever being awkward.
9. Your dog is almost always in arm’s reach.
10. Your dog has no judgment towards your awkward dancing or dirty dishes.
11. Your Aunt Sue knows your dog’s name but not your significant other’s.
12. You have matching beds if your pup doesn’t already have a spot in yours.
13. Your pup is your go-to selfie pawtner.
14. You love your friends who have dogs just a little bit more because that usually means your dog can tag along for a puppy play date too.
15. You traded a gym membership for running in the park with your pooch.
16. You suffer from major separation anxiety anytime you’re not together.
17. If you do have to leave him, you require hourly updates.
18. If he’s not feeling well you consider taking a pawsonal day.
19. You would never let anyone come between you two.
20. Sometimes, you like to match.
21. You know all the dog friendly spots in town, and their doggie menu items by heart.
22. You’re more excited about planning your dog’s birthday party than your own.
23. You have some of the best memories together.
24. There are basically no limits to your relationship.