When the majority of your world is covered in slobber and fur, and you’ve scooped waaaay more poops than you care to count, it’s safe to say you’re a dog person. This usually means you’ve developed a nice, relaxed mellow to help you weather the day-to-day turbulence that comes along with being a pup parent. Basically, we’re a tough crowd to rile up. That being said, here are some things you can do that are guaranteed to [belly] rub us the wrong way.
2. Scowl, sneer, or otherwise throw shade at our dogs for LITERALLY no reason other than the fact that they are dogs.
3. Become so engrossed in your phone, your thoughts, the sky, whatever, that you don’t watch where you are walking and come dangerously close to stepping on our dogs.
4. Judge us for being obsessed with our dogs.
5. Make comments about the weight, age, or breed of our dog.
6. Tell us how much more difficult caring for a human child is. It’s not a competition. Nobody cares.
7. Be overly sensitive to poop. Look down, it’s brown, get used to it.
8. Be overly sensitive to humping. How’s that old number go again? “You and me baby ain’t nothin’ but mammals…”
9. Assume you know what’s best for our dog. Just…no.
10. Being mad at us when we cancel plans to stay home with our dog.
They get us for a short period of time, you get us forever.
11. Saying, “They’re just dogs” when we’re away from our fluff-butts and are missing them immensely.
12. CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG. You’re making us all look bad!
13. Saying, “They only love you cuz you feed them”.